Thank you so much for all your kind care and support. Although Mum didn't spend much time with you, I know she appreciated everything you did to make her more comfortable in what was a very difficult time for her.
— A Canford Resident's Family
Tunbridge Wells Care Centre's philosophy is to provide a holistic resident centred service where staff are aware that they are working in the residents' home. We will provide a high standard of nursing and medical care at all times.We will treat the residents with dignity and respect. Their family and friends will always be made welcome, encouraged to visit, stay for a meal and spend time together. Staff are sympathetic to, and able to recognise, understand and cater for residents' individual needs. Discrimination of any kind will not take place, on any grounds.
Residents living in Tunbridge Wells Care Centre have the right to:
- Dignity and respect by staff of all beliefs and choices of lifestyle and in all circumstances.
- Confidentiality in all matters, personal and medical and protection of interests, social and legal.
- Freedom of movement and activity, subject only to safety.
- Freedom of choice, so far as is practicable.
- A homely and safe environment.
- Feel and be treated as a valued member of the small community of the Care Centre.
- Have visitors whenever and wherever wanted.
- Associate with others and build up relationships, both inside and outside the Home.
- Have spiritual, emotional and physical needs met and respected.
- A high standard of nursing care, be given details of medical condition on request.
- To have a named Nurse and named Care Assistant and to choose own General Practitioner and Dentist. We also retain the services of a local GP, who provides prompt visits to us when needed and holds regular surgeries within the care centre. In this way we can assure you of the very best GP service.
- Be consulted on all aspects of living in the Home and nursing care and have the right to say “No”.
- Go to bed at the chosen time and to have a lie-in and breakfast in bed.
- Have free access to the Matron, Proprietor and Inspectorate, and have complaints taken seriously and dealt with promptly and fully.
Talk To Us
Lovely staff. They always have a cheerful smile and welcome. Kind and caring with the residents and the accommodation is excellent too!
— Mrs Watson
A Canford Resident's daughter