Thank you so much for all your kind care and support. Although Mum didn't spend much time with you, I know she appreciated everything you did to make her more comfortable in what was a very difficult time for her.
— A Canford Resident's Family
Tunbridge Wells Care Centre's philosophy is to provide a holistic resident centred service where staff are aware that they are working in the residents' home. We will provide a high standard of nursing and medical care at all times. Staff treat all residents with dignity and respect and resident's family and friends are welcomed and included in our community.
Staff are sympathetic to, and able to recognise, understand and cater for residents' individual needs. We also encourage residents to retain their independence, while being there when needed to guide help and support.
Above all, we aim to offer a happy and carefree home, where residents feel secure and cared for, and families can be assured that their loved one is safe.
We invite prospective residents and their family to visit and see the Care Centre first hand and to meet and talk with staff.
You are assured of a genuine welcome.
- Dignity and respect by staff of all beliefs and choices of lifestyle and in all circumstances.
- Confidentiality in all matters, personal and medical and protection of interests, social and legal.
- Freedom of movement and activity, subject only to safety.
- Freedom of choice, so far as is practicable.
- A homely and safe environment.
- Feel and be treated as a valued member of our family or community here at the Care Centre.
- Have visitors whenever and wherever wanted.
- Associate with others and build up relationships, both inside and outside the Home.
- Have spiritual, emotional and physical needs met and respected.
- A high standard of nursing care, be given details of medical condition on request.
- To have a named Nurse and named Care Assistant and to choose their own General Practitioner and Dentist.
We also retain the services of a local GP, who provides prompt visits to us when needed and holds regular surgeries within the care centre. In this way we can assure you of the very best GP service.
- Be consulted on all aspects of living in the Home and nursing care and have the right to say “No”.
- Go to bed at the chosen time and to have a lie-in and breakfast in bed.
- Have free access to the General Manager and Directors, and have complaints taken seriously and dealt with promptly and fully.
Talk To Us
Lovely staff. They always have a cheerful smile and welcome. Kind and caring with the residents and the accommodation is excellent too!
— Mrs Watson
A Canford Resident's daughter