Thank you so much for all your kind care and support. Although Mum didn't spend much time with you, I know she appreciated everything you did to make her more comfortable in what was a very difficult time for her.
— A Canford Resident's Daughter
Residents living at Tunbridge Wells Care Centre have the right to:
- A homely and safe environment
- Dignity, privacy and confidentiality at all times
- Have lifestyle choices, spiritual, emotional and physical needs met and respected
- Freedom of choice so far as is reasonably practicable
- Have complaints taken seriously, which are fully and properly investigated and be informed of the outcome
- Have unlimited access to the Manager and/or Deputy Manager
- Freedom of activity and movement, subject to safety
- Kindness, consideration and respect from all members of staff
- A high standard of nursing and personal care
- Be consulted about and informed of medical decisions
- Have a named nurse and / or care assistant
- Choose their own GP within the locality and to have access to other healthcare professionals
- Say 'No'
- Feel and be treated as a valued member of the community
- Associate with others and build up relationships inside or outside the home
- Be consulted on all aspects of living in the home
- Have visitors whenever and wherever requested
- Go to bed at their chosen time; have a lie in and breakfast in bed
Talk To Us
Wow what a Team and what a cheerful house to walk into despite the adversities some of the residents were suffering!
— A Canford Resident's Family